Main research topics
- Analysis of Nonlinear Dynamical Systems
- Linear and Nonlinear Dynamic Vibration Absorbers
- Bifurcation Analysis
- Perturbation Methods
- Delayed Dynamical Systems
- Machine Tool vibrations
- Retarded Dynamical Systems
- Dynamics of Human Locomotion
- Isolated resonances and nonlinear damping Habib, G., Cirillo, G. I., & Kerschen, G. (2018). Nonlinear Dynamics, 93(3), 979-994.
- The tuned bistable nonlinear energy sink Habib, G., & Romeo, F. (2017). Nonlinear Dynamics, 89(1), 179-196.
- Chatter mitigation using the nonlinear tuned vibration absorber Habib, G., Kerschen, G., & Stepan, G. (2017). International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 91, 103-112.
- A principle of similarity for nonlinear vibration absorbers Habib, G., & Kerschen, G. (2016). Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, 332, 1-8.
- Nonlinear generalization of Den Hartog׳ s equal-peak method Habib, G., Detroux, T., Viguié, R., & Kerschen, G. (2015). Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 52, 17-28.
- Bifurcation analysis of a two-DoF mechanical system subject to digital position control. Part I: theoretical investigation Habib, G., Rega, G., & Stepan, G. (2014). Nonlinear Dynamics, 76(3), 1781-1796. Full list of publications
Topics for students research projects (BSc thesis, MSc thesis and TDK student competition)
- Hybrid active-passive vibration mitigation in machining
- Suppression of Friction-Induced Vibrations via Tuned Mass Damper
- Other topics are available, please contact me to discuss them. New ideas proposed by students are very welcome